Internal Vulnerability Scanning Services
Vulnerability scanning is the systematic identification, analysis and reporting of technical security vulnerabilities that unauthorized parties and individuals may use to exploit and threaten the confidentiality, integrity and availability of business and technical data and information. Internal vulnerability scanning specifically examines an organization’s security profile from the perspective of an insider or someone who has access to systems and networks behind the organization’s external security perimeter.
What can internal vulnerability scanning do for you?
Internal vulnerability scanning helps an organization identify and remediate vulnerabilities within their IT environment before hackers and thieves gain access to, modify or destroy confidential information. ControlCase’s Internal Vulnerability Scanning services help our clients manage their vulnerabilities more rapidly and cost effectively.
ControlCase Internal Vulnerability Scanning Services
ControlCase Internal Vulnerability Scanning Services are designed to assess an organization’s security environment from the perspective of someone who has gained access to an organization’s network. We see what the attacker would see if he had access to the organization’s information and systems.
Through the use of smart people and smart tools, ControlCase is able to leverage the full depth of its security expertise from across the globe to help clients assess, analyze and remediate their security vulnerabilities.
Our service is delivered using the latest security software and hardware to help any organization identify and manage vulnerabilities quickly and efficiently, without extensive training or investment in technology. ControlCase’s Managed Compliance Services are repeatable and transparent and integrate and supports our client’s ongoing vulnerability and compliance management processes.
All vulnerabilities that are identified are presented to the client together with an assessment of impact and recommendations for mitigation or a technical solution.
- The ControlCase Internal Vulnerability Scan simulates an external attacker on the Internet or someone with normal privileges to identify, verify and remediate network and server vulnerabilities that could impact and impair critical business functions and operations.
- Our service proactively and efficiently identifies, and assesses security and process-dependent vulnerabilities to systems and applications that are essential to support sound business.
- The ControlCase Internal Vulnerability Scanning Service helps clients to fine tune their overall patch and security management program.
- Our service is designed to help client comply with industry-driven regulatory requirements and standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27002 and HIPAA.
- Our services are enabled using the CC-GRC portal which provides our clients with the ability to closely monitor engagement progress.
ControlCase Internal Vulnerability Scanning Services can be performed as a standalone service or can be bundled with other ControlCase Managed Compliance Services as desired.
Internal vulnerability scans can be a one-time event or can be scheduled at an agreed-upon cycle (i.e., weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-yearly, etc.). Each scan phase will be preceded by confirmation from our MCS team regarding the IP addresses in scope for the scan.